SR960 Neoprene Lining
This neoprene lining material provides good abrasion, self- extinguishing, weathering, corrosion, and oil resistance, with overall good machining characteristics.
Lining Code: SR960
Tie Gum: Without Tie Gum
Properties: Durometer 60 +/- 5 Shore A – 100% Neoprene™ soft, black, without Tie gum with good abrasion, self- extinguishing, weathering, corrosion and oil resistance. Good machining characteristics.
Primers and Adhesive System:
- One coat Chemlok® 289 on Metal
- One coat Chemlok® 290 on Metal
- One coat SRCE962CR on Metal
- One coat SRCE962CR on Lining
Cure Time and Temperature:
Cure for thickness up to ¼”
|Pressure, Saturated Steam (Autoclave)||2 hrs. @ 275°F(135°C)|
|Internal Steam Cure||6 hrs. @ (20 psi) 260°F (126°C)|
|Atmosphere Steam Cure||Gradually warm until reaching 160°F (71°C) and then increase to 190°F-205°F (87°C-96°C) for 24 hrs.|
Note: All reference to cure psi represents gauge pressure.
**Cure times may require tunings to compensate for low temperatures, heavy metal thicknesses, and other anomalies. Contact SRR Technical Department for recommendations on lining thicknesses over ¼”.
Ideal storage temperature is 50°F not to exceed 85°F and shelf life is 180 to 45 day range respectively.
Depending on storage conditions it may be possible to use rubber linings beyond shelf life. Please contact Salem-Republic Rubber Company for technical advisement before usage.
Designed Physical Properties
|Tensile Strength PSI||ASTM D412||2000 min|
|% Elongation at Break||ASTM D412||350 min
|Durometer||ASTM D2240||60 +/- 5|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D297||1.4|
|Adhesion to Metal||ASTM D429||30 pli min|
Repair lining: Use SR960 for lining repairs.
- Lining should be uniformly preheated to 120°F prior to applying for ease of installation, pre-shrinking, and eliminating possible bloom.
- For gauges greater than ¼” plying up to desired thickness is recommended using a 45°/135° butt splice with offset seams on all but the top layer.
- It is recommended that lining layers adhere to each other using SRCE962CR.
- Experienced applicators may have techniques which produce equal or superior results and by no means are SRR’s application suggestions meant to replace these proven techniques. As long as those procedures fall within industry standard lining application guidelines.
Roll Standard Gauge Tolerance Roll Gauge Standard Roll Maximum
A Roll .120 +/-.05 A Roll 90ft 96
B Roll .180
+/-.010 B Roll 60ft 66
C Roll .240
+.010 or -.020 C Roll 45ft 51
3/8” Roll .360
+/-.015 3/8” Roll 30ft 33
½“ Roll .480
+/-.015 ½“ Roll 23ft 27
*Customer specific gauges and widths, other than standard, are available upon request. Please call Salem-Republic Rubber Company at 1-877-425-5079 with any questions or more information about our Custom Elastomeric Linings.