SR635 Natural Rubber Tank Lining
This natural gum rubber tank lining material is meant for use for HCl service. It is FDA Compliant.
Lining Code: SR635
Tie Gum: Without Tie Gum
Properties: Durometer 35 +/-5 Shore A – Natural, soft, neutral color, pure gum rubber with no Tie Gum. Use for HCl service. FDA Compliant.
Note: Natural rubber will “weather check” (prematurely degrade) if exposed to sunlight, ozone, and oxygen.
Primers and Adhesive System:
- One coat Chemlok® 289 on Metal
- One coat Chemlok® 290 on Metal
- One coat Chemlok® 286 on Metal
- One coat Chemlok® 286 on Lining
CURE TIME AND TEMPERATURE:
Cure for thickness up to ¼”
|Pressure, Saturated Steam (Autoclave)||1 hour @ 260°F (127°C)|
|Internal Steam Cure||2 hrs. @ 235°F (112°C) for properly insulated vessels.
4 hrs @ 235°F(112°C) for non-insulated vessels.
|Atmosphere Steam Cure||24 hrs. @ 190°F-205°F (87°C-96°C)|
Note: All reference to cure psi represents gauge pressure.
**Cure times may require tunings to compensate for low temperatures, heavy metal thicknesses, and other anomalies. Contact SRR Technical Department for recommendations on lining thicknesses over ¼”.
Ideal storage temperature is 50°F not to exceed 85°F and shelf life is 180 to 45 day range respectively.
Depending on storage conditions it may be possible to use rubber linings beyond shelf life. Please contact Salem-Republic Rubber Company for technical advisement before usage.
Designed Physical Properties
|Tensile Strength PSI||ASTM D412||2500 min|
|% Elongation at Break||ASTM D412||600 min
|Durometer||ASTM D2240||35 +/- 5|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D297||0.95|
|Adhesion to Metal||ASTM D429||30 pli min|
Skive: Open (Without Tie Gum)
Repair lining: Same or SR635
- Plying up lining thicker than 1/4″ is not recommended due to sagging during cure process.
- Warming rubber to approximately 120°F will aide in applying and is recommended.
- Over-curing is possible, if temperature specifications and cure times are exceeded, resulting in reversion.
- Experienced applicators may have techniques which produce equal or superior results and by no means are SRR’s application suggestions meant to replace these proven techniques. As long as those procedures fall within industry standard lining application guidelines.
Roll Standard Gauge Tolerance Roll Gauge Standard Roll Maximum
A Roll .120 +/-.05 A Roll 90ft 96
B Roll .180
+/-.010 B Roll 60ft 66
C Roll .240
+.010 or -.020 C Roll 45ft 51
3/8” Roll .360
+/-.015 3/8” Roll 30ft 33
½“ Roll .480
+/-.015 ½“ Roll 23ft 27
*Customer specific gauges and widths, other than standard, are available upon request. Please call Salem-Republic Rubber Company at 1-877-425-5079 with any questions or more information about our Custom Elastomeric Linings.